For those who have used an android phone, you will agree that it was not that easy knowing your way through as compared to other phones. These types of phones have different manufactures and therefore, the features they have, are different, such as the screen sizes and the hardware. Android is however a mobile operating system and therefore most of the features are the same, even in the different phones.
Here are some tips and tricks to get the most out of android:
- Contacts: You will want to call your favourite contact without the hustle of going through the directory again and again. Android enables you to create a shortcut for that by simply creating an icon on the home screen. Pressing on an empty space on the screen until the menu shows up where you choose the shortcuts then contacts option. You can then add the contact through the list of contact that shows up.
- Voice control: Still on the home screen, android comes with a google search bar which has a microphone. By taping on this microphone, your voice is recorded and you are able to search the web or your phone. It is so accurate and it is worth trying.
- Optimizing battery usage: If you are having problems with the battery lifespan of the phone, you can check how the battery is being used. Go to settings, about phone and then to battery use. Here you will see a graph which you will tap to bring the details on how the battery is being used up. This will help in making changes to the phone such as reducing brightness and turning off auto synchronization, Wi-Fi and mobile connections.
- Sync with Google: For you to use all the google services, you can sync with google by entering your google information as you set up the phone for the first time. This will guarantee you of their services and their apps. Synchronizing google chrome to the phone will also enable you to send messages and links from the desktop to the phone. You can transfer files from the computer and vice versa fast using a USB cable connecting the phone to the computer.
- Sync all: You can sync your phone with social networks by going to settings and then accounts and sync. This can enable your facebook friend's contacts to appear in your contacts. You can multitask by pressing on the home key until the recently used apps pop up. From here you can open the apps while still performing a different task.
- Typing Tips: During texting, you will want to access the special characters like commas quicker. This is easily done by holding on the period key whereby the characters which are commonly used pop up. You can also type a message with your voice by taping the mic icon.
These are just some of the tips and tricks to get the most out of android. The more time you will spend with your phone the more you will get to know about it. This will make you enjoy using android more than before.